Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an Hc3800 mitsubishi projector and it was working fine

Customer Question

I have an Hc3800 mitsubishi projector and it was working fine last night and today when I went to turn it on the bulb won't light up and the power light comes on green and the status light comes on flashing green. The fans kick in and it seems like it's going to light up and then the power light goes to red while the status light keeps flashing green. Eventually it just shuts down altogether. Tried unplugging the power cord and letting it sit for a while but it still does the same thing. Other sure what to do. I know the bulb has less than 1000 hours on it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. After the fans kick on, can you hear a slight buzz sound of the ballast trying to spark the lamp?
Also, can you tell me where the current lamp was purchased from, and for roughly how much?