TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My LG60PX950 QUIT and i've tried doing the firmware but it…

Customer Question
my LG60PX950 QUIT and i've...
my LG60PX950 QUIT and i've tried doing the firmware but it says i already has that version it gives me a black screen with ocasional flses of color and when i put the usb stick in it found it but no video from any of the hdmi ports
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
5/25/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 3 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

If you were able to try the firmware then you must be able to see the tv`s own menu , is that correct ?

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?
If so , do you have the same problem there ?

i cannot access the menu and it's connected to 3 sattelite systems hdmi an a roku as well the roku symbol will come up but after that nothing

Ok and while the picture goes , do you still have the sound ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Also , just to make sure here , I was talking about the tv`s own menu , not the satellite menu.

no i cant see the tv's menu at all the screen goes black except when the roku is hooked to it and yes there is sound

Ok then here it is ;If you can see briefly the roku logo or whatever , it means that the sustain boards and power board are just fine.Your main board has gone defective and if you already tried a firmware which would have surprised me if that had worked anyway then that does it.Did you wish to look into this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?