Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I need help with my smart multimedia TV Q7....I have the

Customer Question

I need help with my smart multimedia TV Q7....I have the hardware connected and my WiFi password ***** But when I go to watch movies its saying... Xifinty users press here but then it won't allow me to do anything.... I'm stuck ...can someone please please help *********** Rebecca
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Hello Rebecca,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
You stated your having a problem with "watching movies", I need more info on this such as what devices are you using for the movies, the cable box? Also where are you when you see "xfinity users press here"?
Have you tried resetting the cable box by unplugging it and plugging it back in?
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My connection is all set up correctly ..I have my Wi-Fi password ***** place when I go to play movies it says "xfinety customer press here " but when I press the enter button nothing happened.. This is an Android smart TV box that runs in conjunction with internet my Wi-Fi carrier is Xfinenty and the box is telling me that I am connected.. Some one said it just simply sounded like a user ID issue but wanted to charge me 100.00
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon Rebecca,
Have you already at some point been directed or attempted yourself to unplug the cable service step top box from the wall and plug back in to reset it? If not could you please do so for me and try again?
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK.... I unplugged it.. Kept it unplugged for 20 seconds or so and still have the same thing happen
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
In reference to normal tv it is working just fine correct? The only problem is accessing movies/shows that are either fee/paid but not live tv, correct?
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct... My TV and cable box is fine.
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
When you go to "watch movies" what are you accessing to try and view them?
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Android Smart Multimedia Player model Q7...you do know what type of player I'm talking about right? You hook it up and enter the Wi-Fi and it's supposed to be that simple ..it gives you access to current movies without having to rent them or buy them from your cable subscriber
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I need to know which model.
What I meant is where are you in the device on screen with this problem, for instance as soon as you input the internet/wifi info.
I guess what I am trying to ask is where are you at the time of this problem within the unit.
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's model. Q7....can you just call me... This is not getting me anywhere...(###) ###-####
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried resetting the tv box?
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ...I have ...seriously ...everything is connected correctly... I think we already established that point
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Connection has nothing to do with resetting.
I still need to know at what point/where you are when using the unit that it is having a problem. There is more than 1 thing this unit does, for instance if you open another app does it work?
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am completely dissatisfied with your assistance... Not one question have you answered... You just keep asking me the same question in a different manner.... The ONLY advice you honesty had was to unplug from the wall unit ..ANYONE knows that!! Please let me know when I can expect my hard earned money put back into my account... Thank you
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
With all due respect, the reason i keep asking the same question different ways is so I can get an answer to that question. So far I have from you android tv device won't go past xfinity. That's it, that is the only info I have to go on, please understand that I have to ask questions in order for me to diagnose the problem. First of all the tv device is not an xfinity device, xfinity is your service provider, this means xfinity is just being displayed from it and I need to know what screen your on so I can help. I also asked for the model number of the unit, also not provided as q7 is not the model number there should be a number such as starting with an rk.... I wouldn't waste your time asking for something that wasn't needed or already provided. Most actually do not know to try unplugging the unit and even if they do they don't always know to reset the unit which I also asked. This I also asked you to please try another app not the xfinity app this way I could see if that app was working, again I received no answer to that.
Please provide the above info so that I may correctly assist you.
An example why I need you to try another app, if other apps work with the exception of the xfinity app then that gives me a direction to look into.
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As stated before... Model # Q7....as stated. Before. ALL OTHER DEVICES WORK....as also stated before I'm at the screen that would take me to view movies... And I honestly told I told you that someone said it was probably an ID issue.. Clue..You don't know what the issue is.... And that's okay... Just refund my money and I am done! You have seriously been wasting my entire day
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
" Q7 " is NOT the model number. That is why I just explained that and also explained what model number I need.
Next, I didn't ask if other devices work that info is not what I am looking for, I asked about other applications on the unit working, for instance youtube lets say.
See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzK8rkB9iY
See in that video the screen where you make selections that take you to different screens? I need to know where you are or most likely the xfinity app but I need you to try other apps, facebook, youtube, etc.
Thanks,
Joe