TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sound on my flat screen went out during an emergency flood…

Customer Question
My sound on my flat...
My sound on my flat screen went out during an emergency flood warning
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
5/24/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model number of the Tv? (see sticker on back)
2. How long have you had the Tv?
3. Who is your tv channel provider? Is there a provider box/dvr?
REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).
ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.
Ok Mike, model # ***** and ive had the tv 2 yrs. Time Warner provider
Try this:
Leave your Tv on so you are seeing the picture from time warner channel.
Locate the POWER cord for the time warner box and unplug it from the wall outlet.
The picture will go out on the tv, that's ok.
Wait 20 seconds then plug the power cord back in.
Watch the tv screen as the box boots back up.
Eventually the picture and sound should return.
If that didn't help then unplug the Tv power cord for 3 full minutes. Plug back in and test.
If you still get no sound then try a Factory RESET using the Vizio remote, get into the menu/settings. And if that didn't help then you will need to try connecting something else to the tv like bluray or dvd to test further...
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician