TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I replaced the front screen on my Sony Xperia z and everything…

Customer Question
I replaced the front screen...
I replaced the front screen on my Sony Xperia z and everything was working fine except for the 4G so i popped the back off again and connected the wire and put the back back on but now the phone is just a black screen. The charging light blinks while I have it plugged in to charge but I can't get anything to come up on the screen, any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
5/24/2015
TV Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. There's a good chance that when you disassembled the phone, you unplugged one of the ribbon cables to the screen. I would just retrace your steps, and check the cables again, assuming that you aren't seeing anything on the LCD screen at all. While you are in there, you may want to consider disconnecting the battery temporarily and then plugging it back in to do a reset on the hardware. Please let me know if that helps or not and if you have any questions.