TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

What settings do I need to put the TV on to work . I don't…

Customer Question
what settings do I need...
what settings do I need to put the TV on to work . I don't have a remote and I was trying to lower the volume and I hit something, now it doesn't work
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.
I don't know the model, there is a cable box attached
it starts with LC 200
the problem started when I pressed one of the buttons on the bottom of the tv. I don't know what channel I'm supposed to be on and if it is HMD1 or what
OK, How is your cable box hooked to the TV?
The choices are:
1- Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable.
2- Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.
3- HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.
4- Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws.
It is hooked up by a cable
a white cable
OK, is it Coax cable or HDMI cable and where on TV that cable plugged into coming from cable box?
I don't know. Can you just tell me what the settings on the tv need to be? Obviously I hit a button and it went to the wrong setting
OK, it is hard to guess as I can't see your TV and cable box connection setup from here, however, does TV has INPUT/SOURCE button?
If so, push it a few times to check different video input sources and any one should bring cable box picture on TV.
If it doesn't bring the picture then push Channel button (up or down) to get channel 3 or 4 on TV which should display cable box picture.
Please note that above info are generic as I haven't got your TV model number nor the cable box connection setup info from you so reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.