TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Vizio TV has no signal message on black screen. Tried

Customer Question
different inputs, different cables. Confirmed...
Vizio TV has no signal message on black screen. Tried different inputs, different cables. Confirmed its in the TV and not the box or cables by plugging in a different TV to the box and cable
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
5/23/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
Welcome
I will need the model number unfortunately their are many reasons for this one is to check for bulletins
Let me know it when you can thanks
Anthony
E47ova
Did you get that?
Is there an option to "reset" to factory default in the settings menu or "shipping reset" if so please activate this and let me know if that changes anything please
Anthony
Tried no change
The mainboard will need to be replaced do you think you can do that yourself?I will provide all necessary info for that
Let me know please
Anthony
What approx cost and availability? Need a TV now lots of company for holiday, better off buying new?
It should be available cost is around $125.
The board as well will take upto 5 days to arrive
Let me know how you want to go with this please
Anthony
Can you just describe how it would be done then I could tell you if I am able.Then I would just need you to email where to order and step by steps, can you do that?
You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
The reason why its important to use the partnumber is ***** there may be variants of the board in the same model and they are not interchangeable
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again, note the question will remain open after rating
Regards
Anthony
The TV is mounted right now so can't see the back just need to know if the removal is done without having to open the entire TV cabinet?
Oh no you need to get the set down, the back of the set WILL need to come off you cant do anything the set has to be down and in a good position to work on it, above all be careful with the set particularly the panel (screen) make sure you treat that nicely as its easily damaged lay down on a very soft mattress or similar
Anthony
I see that, when I take the back off are there any wires or cables that have to get disconnected in order to separate the back from the screen?. I messed up iPad glass replacement when I wasn't aware of the wireless antenna
No don't worry its far easier to do this work once you get the back off their is no hidden dangers just be careful at all times with the set, once the back is off you will see how easy it is
Anthony
Great, thanks
OK if you need any help later just come back here I may not be able to answer immediately but will when I see your post, question will remain open even after rating the answer positively which hopefully you do that now thank you
Regards
Anthony
Will do thks
Your Welcome
Regards
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician