TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony grand wega KDF-E50A10...the TV will not power…

Customer Question
I have a Sony grand...
I have a Sony grand wega KDF-E50A10...the TV will not power on...All connections are good and outlet has power. Any suggestions...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info. 1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur? 2) What exactly happens when you press power- are there any sound, or any lights lit on the front of the TV? 3) When was the last time the lamp was replaced?
5 years
Nothing happens when I push the power button
The lamp has never been replaced
Thank you. Please make sure there are absolutely no lights at all on the front of the TV- a red light or a blinking green light?
No lights at all
Okay then you've either got a blown fuse, or the power cord came unplugged. Please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 10 seconds and release. Then check that the cord is plugged in tight at the back of the TV, and plug it back into the wall. Press power once and let me know what happens.
Nothing hapens
Okay, are you sure the outlet is live? If so, then if you want to fix this you're going to need to remove the back of the TV. Let me know.
The outlet is live think I pass on removing the back of the TVThanks
Okay and I'm sorry to hear that, but there isn't a quick fix beyond what we've done and there's a fault within the TV. To have a shop perform this repair is on average $200 parts and labor and once can be located at the link below: www.tvrepairpros.com I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Aric, Technician