TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My VO42L FHDTV 10A, 100-240V, 25A, 50/60HZPart #10235060022SN…

Customer Question
My VO42L FHDTV 10A, 100-240V...
My VO42L FHDTV 10A, 100-240V, 25A, 50/60HZ
Part #10235060022
SN LPPBWBJ4702057
Is acting up. Night before last, when watching news, the picture began flickering and there was some additional background "bleeding" of some music. Then the picture disappeared for a while and came back flickering. Then the whole screed went snowy in multicolor. Thenthe news came up again on and off.
Last night, there was nothing other than the multycolor snow on the screen and no sound whatsoever.
This morning, I got the picture and sound, but there was interruption with picture and sound.
The TV is connected to Verizon FiOS HD and use the Verizon provided remote.
Can you please help? Thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
5/22/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
I am assuming the set is acting up now?if so please press the menu button of the sets own remote control, does the menu come up as normal?
Anthony
The only thing that came up is the normal program, but the background is all light green.
So if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control are you saying the menu DOES NOT come up?
Anthony
I am using the Verizon provided remote. yes the "main Menue" just came on
The screen is now still flickering
Are you there?
What is going on? It has been at least 1/2 hour since my response.
Sorry for delay
No this check MUST be with the sets OWN remote control please use that OR the menu button on the set itself
Please follow my directions and let me know exactly as I have indicated if you cant do that for whatever reason let me know comprehensively why
Anthony
I don't have the original Visio remote any more. I just pressed the menue button on the TV. I still get the picture flickering and sound goes on and off.
But you are not telling me if the menu comes up or not?the pic may be flickering behind the menu (assuming its up) I just NEED to know if the menu comes up or not please SETS OWN MENU USING BUTTON ON THE SET if necessary
Thanks
Anthony
When I press the menue button on the set, I get a screen heading "Picture" with option toadjust mode. However everuthing in the background is flickering.
Now the menue screen went off an all I have on is multi collored "snow"
OK this could be a box issue, so to eliminate the box do you have another input like a DVD player to try?can you swap inputs to that if you do have another input?
Anthony
All I have is the Verizon provided box connected by the Verizon original installer.
My laptop battery is dying and I still do not have a reasonable help from you. Seems you are working several clients simultaneously but no help to me !
I am trying to establish if the box is responsible now it is possible the box is but I dont have a clear understanding because of the menu, if the menu comes up and stays up (sets own menu) the issue is with the box if you are telling me the menu is going off too then thats the TV itself so can you let me know how you see this with the menu?is it staying on?or is it going off ?if you get this wrong it will lead to wrong diagnosis, you see another input would have clarified this too
Anthony
What i am telling you is that my laptop computer battery which I use to communicate with you is dying, not the TV. Anyway you are no help at all for such a period of time.
I am sorry you feel that way
So you still are avoiding responding to my requests for info or skirting around them I am sorry I dont have much option here but to opt out I cant help you if you wont help me with diagnosis
Have a good day
Anthony
Good bye
If you change your mind let me know please
Anthony