TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a teac LCDV2258HDR television. From new there

Customer Question
Hello, I have a teac...
Hello, I have a teac LCDV2258HDR television. From new there has been a problem with the wake up timer - I set the on timer to 6am and off time 11am. The TV should stay on for five hours BUT it always switches off after only two hours and five minutes. Is the unit faulty or am I doing something wrong.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/22/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
How old is the set please?
Anthony
The set is five years old at a guess
Try restoring to default its in the option menu restore to factory default you will lose everything and if your watching through an antenna will need to retune the set however this may well cure your timer issue
Let me know how this works out
Anthony
Thanks Anthony, doing the default reset seems to have done the trick. I will just do a bit more testing before closing the issue.Cheers, David
Sorry Anthony, the timer is switching off again after only 2hours and five minutes when it was programed for four hours which was the original problem.???
Its bad firmware that's causing the issue, their is no firmware upgrade for the set as far as I can see, this would mean replacing the mainboard for this issue not sure if you would want to do that..........
Anthony
So what about my $25.00 ?????
Reclaim it***@******.***