Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a NEC HDTV Model NTL 22HDDV3 which works fine except

Customer Question

I have a NEC HDTV Model NTL 22HDDV3 which works fine except the picture is elongated up and down , for example any writing along the bottom of the screen is half below the screen and the top of the picture is above the screen. I have tried all the adjustments I can find but I cannot find one to adjust this problem.
Please advise.
Regards
Ken
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:AspectZoomHD ZoomRatio(#) symbol under the 9 keyFind any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please reply back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no aspect on my box and pressing Zoom has no effect. What next?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Press "Cbl" on the remote first, then press ZOOM.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you have the same problem? If so, what's the make and model on the front of the cable box?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no cbi on my remote it is a NEC RI-19DV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
The cable box is not an NEC- that's your TV. Who is your cable provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I give up the model is NEC and has worked on the unit since we have had it. I can't do anything else.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I've opted out. The issue is likely with your cable box- meaning who you get your cable from, but you're only giving me into on the TV, and since I'm not there to see what you have, I cannot offer a solution.