TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung TV (model UN50F6300AFXZA) that started turning

Customer Question
itself on and off....
I have a Samsung TV (model UN50F6300AFXZA) that started turning itself on and off. I replaced the main board and it fixed the problem, but now my screen is flipped horizontally. I've looked at 1000 other threads and know how to get into the service menu, but can't find the exact path that I need to follow to H-Flip. None of the threads that I've found list instructions that exactly mirror the options in my TV's service menu. Help?!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
5/21/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack*Perhaps* I can help you with this problem ;I don`t have your TV's service manual but I have one from another model and in that case it is called " H-FLIP " and is sitting under the initial adjustment option " DPP1011(L6) " in that case but yours may be different and this is to show you that it may not appear when you first open the service menu but will be under one of those initial options.Look at the document below at page 2 and 3 and you will see what I`m talking about ;https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g73wj2k4ncju25/SAMSUNG_SERVICE.pdf?dl=0This may not do it but it is a place to startLLet me know how that goes
That kind of gets me back to where I've already been. My problem is that I can't get to the right sub menu to be able to manipulate the "H-FLIP". I simply can't find it and the threads that I've found for Samsung TVs get me really close, but the paths just don't quite mirror the menus available on my particular TV. I've attached a picture of the screen that I'm looking at. Hope you don't go cross-eyed looking at it!
Its got to be somewhere in there but the manual for this tv is needed now .
Sorry but I don`t have it and will opt out .
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in if they have info on this.
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Good luck
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 2 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.
Ok, I'm going to state something that I think all Samsung techs would state -
I have NEVER seen the service menu backwards...I have only seen the picture reversed with a NORMAL service menu displayed.
With that said, your main board may be incorrect for the VERSION number found on your TV set --
And it's the FIRST thing I would double-check
This is what I would do. Get your ORIGINAL main board out. Look at the bar coded sticker. Find the BN94-xxxxxx on it. Verify that the NEW and OLD number matches. Then I'd trust the boards.
See the pink highlight on the bar code here --
Unfortunately, the part numbers, etc. on both the old and new board match perfectly. The only difference is the date that each was produced (which is a couple of weeks apart). Looks like I'm still in a bind. Any other suggestions?
You're looking at the BIG Barcode sticker, right? Not the small one. And what exactly is that number you have? What is the Version number (AH03, CH01 or NH02) and the Serial number? Both should be on the Model sticker. I don't think you can accidently misconnect the 2 LVDS cables on the TCON, and like I said, the H Flip only flips the picture, not the service menu.
I do know SOME issues like yours can be corrected by changing the MODEL, or changing the PANEL TYPE settings,(Option menu -MODEL and panel TYPE) and is sometimes required on certain models.
HV Flip is usually found in the Control -- CONFIG submenu
Louie, Technician