Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Tim, Our 42" Sylvania plasma is exhibiting strange interruption

Customer Question

Hello Tim,
Our 42" Sylvania plasma is exhibiting strange interruption in the picture with wavy lines and snowey screen just prior to turning off, red light blinks then turns back on - sometimes remaining "ok" briefly before repeating symptoms. Local repair guy says trash it as parts aren't available any longer. I have taken a short video of the problem as it occurs if you would like to have me email it to you.
Thank you,
Rollie
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

Before sending that video or pictures , could you please give me the tv`s model number usually written on the back cover so that i can check if the parts are indeed no longer available ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for writing Jack.

Sylvania 6842THG

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Thanks , you can still get parts for this tv but this is an OLD model and wondering if it would be worth the cost of repair ??

To upload pictures , you can see how its done at the link below but video ??

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Give it a try and we`ll see , otherwise possibly that customer service could handle this as i`m not allowed to give you my direct email.

Another way of doing this is with the popular and free DROPBOX software