TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Toshiba tv that is connected to a dish joey. dish…

Customer Question
We have a Toshiba tv...
We have a Toshiba tv that is connected to a dish joey. dish says that we need to make some changes to the settings on the tv in order to receive dish. I need a remote that will allow me to make the necessary adjustments. The following are the numbers that I have from the tv. I need a remote, even better, if you could take control of the tv and do them for me!! 24AF44 and 795A8384C
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
5/20/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Unfortunately there's no way that anybody could take control of the TV remotely- it's not a computer, just a regular TV. What you need to do in order to receive Dish on this set from the "Joey" is change the Input the TV is set to, or if using a coaxial cable, then a Channel Scan must be run (depending on which way you have the Joey connected to the set- AV cables or a coaxial cable).
That being said, the original remote control is no longer available as "New", but there are two used replacements at the link below:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-CT-847-TV-VCR-CABLE-remote-14AF44-20AF44-24AF44-24AF45-24AF45C-27AF44-/321690677267?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Or, another alternative is to purchase a fully functional universal remote that allows all functions of the TV to be accessed, such as the one at the following link:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_596H350/Logitech-Harmony-350.html?tp=979&awkw=77579694505&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=49555075465&awdv=c
which would you suggest
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
We cannot do remote tech support on your TV- that option should only be available for computers and PC's- it simply doesn't work with TV's. I would suggest purchasing the used original remote control in the first link I provided. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go. That is my livelihood.