TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My TV comes on and then just fades to black... it's about two

Customer Question
years old. HELP!!...
My TV comes on and then just fades to black... it's about two years old. HELP!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
5/19/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
While it fades to black , doe sit still have the sound or actually turns off ?
Does the screen just go blank or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
No sound ever, just comes on and fades away. Model E400I-B2
completely dark
Ok so you turn it off and on again and it repeats ?
Do you have the time to see some picture before it fades away ?
No picture...just the display bar at the top before it goes off
Ok then I`m afraid that this looks like another main board problem for this serie of vizio TV's .This is actually getting to be very common and if you were to look into repairing this yourself then you can get it at the link below ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-55-76n01-a01-main-board-for-e400i-b2.htmLet me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself .If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .
Here is something for you to try ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv , nameyn that main board.
ok, thank you
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician