TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to hook up my roku to my Sony bravia W70b TV. Everything…

Customer Question
I am trying to hook...
I am trying to hook up my roku to my Sony bravia W70b TV. Everything went well until the last entry which was: type in your TV lync code. How do I find the lync code for my tv? Searched everywhere thru the TV settings etc.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
5/19/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Have you gone onto Roku.com and setup an account yet from your PC? They then give you the code to enter into Roku. This is only after you have run an initial setup on the TV of the Roku. Have you gotten this far yet?
You would need to create an account on Roku, and then log in and you can retrieve your code. The code has nothing to do with the TV, it's something that Roku sends you to enter into the box to begin using the Roku. https://my.roku.com/signin?next=https://www.roku.com/
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING.
I registered my Roku on line, entered the Roku coe, credit card etc. I was still asked at the end of the regisration to enter my TV lync code This is separate from the Roku code supposedly.
No, there isn't a code needed for the TV- you can take the Roku and bounce from TV to TV at anytime. Now, can you elaborate "lync" code? Can you please type the exact message you are seeing on your screenb?
Do you mean "Link" code?
If so, then see the help page at the link below and carefully follow all of the steps outlined there to solve the problem. Again it's a Roku code- nothing to do with the TV: http://support.roku.com/entries/22746920-I-am-having-problems-linking-my-Roku-player-what-should-I-do-
Do you need further assistance with this?