Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 40" flat screen tv does not light up. There is some automatic

Customer Question

My 40" flat screen tv does not light up. There is some automatic signal of on and off but there is no picture.
Kindly tell me your opinion .
Siba
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi Siba and welcome back to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

As posted above; "...post back with the complete model number of the TV..."

Still, the described symptoms of "...
automatic signal of on and off but there is no picture..." are very significant as these almost always point to an internal hardware issue.

All of the above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, you may need access to and familiarity with the use of a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron.