TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsung TV. Vertical lines on screen

Customer Question
Samsung TV. Vertical lines...
Samsung TV. Vertical lines on screen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/16/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What's the full model number off the back of the set?
2) How long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?
3) Are the lines covering the screen? Are they colored or black? Does the image show behind the lines? If you press MENU on the Samsung remote does the MENU display over the lines?
(###) ###-####UN46B6000VF
Owned 5 yrs
Lines are color. Red yellow all colira
Please read the rest of the info request and reply in full so we can sort this. Thank you.
When pressing memo displays behind the vertical libes
Thank you. So you can see the image but the lines cover it- correct?Did these lines start off as few and increase over time?Also, do they flicker or move?
Yes. Do not flicker or movr
Okay, unfortunately this is not something that can be corrected via any settings or adjustments, and the TV does require service. If these lines are pencil thin lines, then they're a fault with the LCD controller board (T-Con) and would require replacement of this part to fix the problem. Average cost for this repair is in the $200 range. However if these lines are thick "bars"- larger than 1/16" each- then this is bad news as it indicates that the LCD panel is failing and this is not a fixable issue since the LCD panel costs 80% of what the TV cost when new. When we see thick lines on these sets they are unfortunately considered non-repairable. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one ant wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go. You can follow up at no additional cost even once you've rated.
Aric, Technician