Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Samsung TV. Vertical lines on screen

Customer Question

Samsung TV. Vertical lines on screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What's the full model number off the back of the set?
2) How long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?
3) Are the lines covering the screen? Are they colored or black? Does the image show behind the lines? If you press MENU on the Samsung remote does the MENU display over the lines?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####UN46B6000VF
Owned 5 yrs
Lines are color. Red yellow all colira
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please read the rest of the info request and reply in full so we can sort this. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When pressing memo displays behind the vertical libes
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. So you can see the image but the lines cover it- correct?Did these lines start off as few and increase over time?Also, do they flicker or move?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Do not flicker or movr
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, unfortunately this is not something that can be corrected via any settings or adjustments, and the TV does require service. If these lines are pencil thin lines, then they're a fault with the LCD controller board (T-Con) and would require replacement of this part to fix the problem. Average cost for this repair is in the $200 range. However if these lines are thick "bars"- larger than 1/16" each- then this is bad news as it indicates that the LCD panel is failing and this is not a fixable issue since the LCD panel costs 80% of what the TV cost when new. When we see thick lines on these sets they are unfortunately considered non-repairable. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one ant wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go. You can follow up at no additional cost even once you've rated.