Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How to install projection lamp 2006 sony grand wega

Customer Question

how to install projection lamp 2006 sony grand wega
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The new lamp would go in exactly the same as the old one came out. So if it's not sliding right in, then there's another problem. Either you purchased a non-OEM substitute lamp that is simply too out of spec to fit, or you've broken the lamp switch inside of the TV. Can you please tell me where you purchased this lamp from and for how much?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
We usually see this issue with the $30-$40 Amazon and Pureglare laps out there, so if that's where you got the lamp from, it's very likely to be the cause of the problem.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
The OEM lamp for your set costs the vendors around $90, so if you paid any less than that, you purchased a clone and this is why the lamp isn't fitting. The correct lamp for your set can be purchased at the link below: http://www.purelandsupply.com/kdf-55e2000-sony-dlp-tv-lamps.html If you want to verify this, then please try to insert the original lamp in the set again, if it goes in smoothly, then the new lamp is not the correct fit. However if the old lamp will not go back in, then you likely have a broken lamp switch inside of the TV. Let me know and we can proceed. If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.