Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Set-up cable connect HP T5054 around 2005 model year.

Customer Question

Set-up cable connect for Model HP T5054 around 2005 model year. Cable and box are hooked-up. Signal verified by fact that same line provides intrernet access and additional TV which is receiving signal. Screen message on Samsung unit reads "weak or no signal"
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Who is your cable company/provider?Are you trying to use just basic cable to the tv, or is there a cable box (set top box) connected to the samsung?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cable box. We have tried the set-up instructions, entered each of the program codes for Samsung, entered 9-9-1 when those didn't work. The TV light flashes twice but the TV won't shut -off.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
That changes the situation quite a bit given this new information.How is the box connected to the tv?Is the samsung working with any other source (dvd, game, etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also tried the repeatedly pushing Channel+ method to no avail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
box connected in typical fashion as is other tv. no other source
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Please tell me specifically (hdmi, component, coax, etc) how the box is connected.I realize you may not have something else connected currently, but it would be extremely helpful from a diagnostic standpoint if you could hook something else up temporarily to test.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cable (coax) goes into box from splitter. Short cable from box to TV.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I am asking you what cable is in use from the box to the tv. Hdmi (wide flat connector), component (red/green/blue+red/white), composite (red/white/yellow) or another coax?What input/port (they should be labeled) on the back of the tv is this plugged into, and have you used the input menu on the samsung to set it to that input mode?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No Hdmi. The cable is white with exposed copper strand in center. Attached w screw on collar to TV at cable port - the only available place to attach - from box.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Okay so that is the coax connection then.This means you need to set the tv to the Tuner (tv/air/clb) mode (not to any of the hdmi, component/composite inputs).Go into the tv setup menu next, set the input type to air/antenna, then run the auto scan function.The tv should from that point then be set to channel 3 or 4 (depending on box settings, may need to check both) to pick up signal.