Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Suddenly all images on TV screen are enlarged, like when you

Customer Question

Suddenly all images on TV screen are enlarged, like when you boot a computer in "safe mode"
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
What is the full model number of the tv please?
Does this happen on all inputs/sources (cable/satellite, dvd, game, media/apps, etc)?
Is the samsung on screen setup menu affected as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model UN55H6400

I ONLY HAVE HDMI INPUT FROM TIVO

YES ALL MENUS AFFECTED, BOTH TIVO AND,TV

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
This is a "smart" tv. If you have the internet/wifi function set up, can you please test an app on the tv, such as netflix, and let me know if that is affected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, same problem on Netflix through tv. Wil try direct computer link

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Same when I go on Internet through tv hub.

Makesme,think the problem is more likely with the tv

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming. Since it happens on the samsung smarthub, that would indicate a tv issue, not a tivo problem (which the menu also confirms). Can you please go into the samsung setup menu, look under network or help, and check the software update function let it up date if able to, and if not tell me what the current version is that shows there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Already did. Current x

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
What software version does it show? There are sometimes updates that can be loaded manually before it does so on its own.Beyond any other updates, there is a reset process we can try, and failing that we'd be looking at an internal hardware problem (bad main board being most likely).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Current,version 2128

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If it is a hardware problem then I need to contact Samsung. It should still be under warranty

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
okay, 2128.0 is the latest version. Next is the reset process: 1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. At that point yes you'd want to contact samsung if under a year old and pursue a warranty claim with them
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Any luck with the reset process, Gene? If you need help getting in touch with samsung, let me know.