TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Samsung TV serial #Z4XWHCPCBO3570H will not turn on when

Customer Question
I push power button....
My Samsung TV serial #Z4XWHCPCBO3570H will not turn on when I push power button.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
5/13/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Can you please re-check the model best done by looking at the back of the set?
Anthony
The model is # *****
I see its a monitor thank you
OK is their any power light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?
Anthony
No
Hello
In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.
Please let me know if you can do work or need more info
Regards
Anthony
I have checked outlet and there is power .
how do I check power board on TV?
Hi
Sorry for the mis-understanding I am referring to INSIDE the TV itself.
I am sorry this is nothing easier a check or two with a meter is required the back of the set removed
Some people can do work like this with small tools and a meter others cant its not MEANT to be carried out by the user however modern sets do lend themselves to being fixed by the owner if they have the right skills
Regards
Anthony
I have a meter to check power board. What are the next steps ?
That's great!
OK you need to get the back off the set (disconnect set from the wallpower first!!)
Trace the powercord to the powerboard and where the cord goes into the board firstly check within a 3inch radius for any fuse that may be there, when you find the fuse set the meter to continuity or ohms and measure across it, this will check if the fuse is good or bad if its good the meter will read 0 or near 0 ohms or buzz if on continuity
Let me know the result of that check first
Anthony
There is no reading from the power board. Could the TV be shot?
No I just want you to check the fuse please follow exactly what I say so their will be a fuse there make sure the set is disconnected from wallpower BEFORE you check the fuse
Anthony
There is no fuse excess able by the power cord connection.
Their will be can you take a photo of the powerboard and upload it here?I will then point it out to you their should be a paperclip on your toolbar
If you dont see anything that I ask you to do just say
Thanks
Anthony
What is your email address?
You can upload it here, there should be a paperclip on your toolbar to upload photos?
Anthony
I used my iPhone and need a email address for you.
OK send the pic to***@******.*** using the email address you registered with justanswer then wait for a couple of hours before getting back to me as admin will need to pass the email onto me
Anthony
Sir I really don't think you understand at all what I mean judging by looking at those photos you sent......
Firstly can you use small tools ?like screwdrivers?can you use a multimeter and do you know what I mean by a multimeter?
I really don't think at this point you understand what I am asking you to do
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician