Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

My Sony TV nsx46gt1 does not recognize my remote control (msg-mr1.)

Customer Question

My Sony TV nsx46gt1 does not recognize my remote control (msg-mr1.) I have tried wiping the system and retstarting it with a keyboard and mouse (I use occasionally with a stick) to see if I could get it to prompt me to pair a remote. No such screen appears, as it had many times previous when it was necessary to clear the system to end the incessant interruption of it involuntary moving me out of an application or input to the home screen. What do I need to repair it? Is it possible I have a virus?
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Hi. To pair the remote, follow those instruction:
Pairing the keypad with the TV
1 Make sure that the batteries
are correctly inserted.
2 Press the CONNECT button on
the TV for two seconds or more
to display the pairing screen.
3 Hold down the Fn and Enter
keys following the instructions
on the screen until the pairing
screen disappears.
Let me know if you still have problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah... I did that. The pairing screen does not come up. And the remote does that 5 light flash at the end to indicate that it's not paired.
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Most of remote requiring pairing use radio frequence connection. Try to close cell phone and router and any wireless device to see if it help. If you are in an appartment this can be complicated to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm in a house... And I tried that too... Funny thing is, when I pressed the connect button and the pressed the function enter button the flash on the remote doesn't flash at all. And the screen does not come up to pair it... Like I said.... Not even when I've wiped it and restarted it. It's the first prompt to come up when you do that.
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
I really don't know. I will look around to see if i find similar report and opt out to let others give a try at the problem.