Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a new Samsung 50 inch tv I have volume with no picture.

Customer Question

I have a new Samsung 50 inch tv I have volume with no picture. Any suggestions
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is ***** ***** different tech. here ;
At this point , is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you turn the tv off and on again , does the screen light up briefly or even show the Samsung logo ?
How old is this tv now ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tv is 6 months old. There is no lights that light up when I turn it on. It's black. But I can hear the volume
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
OK then this is definitely not normal so before doing anything else , try this ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we may be looking at internal problems with the tv.
PS although I do not have the TV's model number right now , the newer models do not have a full set of buttons directly on the tv but a single button at the rear lower left side that you can use as power button , if you can`t find it then just leave the tv unplugged a minute more.
let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. That did nothing. Yes it has no bottons on the tv.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
OK then as I said , I did not expect much out of this but it had to be tried .
At this point if the tv is only 6 months old , there is no use to talk about parts and cost of repair but to contact Samsung for a warranty repair.
Have your info in hand and call them at 1-800-SAMSUNG to claim the warranty.
For a tv of this size , this will be a "in-home" service and they will arrange for one of their local ASC to come around .
Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but I hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.