TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My wireless receiver is not working. Not accessing recordings

Customer Question
My wireless receiver is not...
My wireless receiver is not working. Not accessing recordings and when watching regular TV, it hiccups
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
5/7/2015
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Can you tell me what receiver you're using?

Cisco

Who is your cable provider? Do you have a dedicated router/network (provided by cable co) for the wireless units, or are you sharing it with your regular home wifi internet network?

Sharing it with the regular home network - it's been fine for almost 2 years

There are a lot of factors here, it could be a network glitch or a problem with the box itself.As an initial step, please unplug power to the cisco for 60+ seconds to reset it, and do the same with your router.

I did that (again, seems like I've done it a dozen times) - it's connecting

Sorry for any repetition, I'm unsure what you had done up to this point.Let me know how it works after this process, and note that the key here is rebooting them both. Do you experience any buffering with other activities, say doing youtube/netflix on a computer or tablet?

No, I've been streaming using apple tv and using my iPad and haven't had an issue.

Any change after rebooting?
Any change after rebooting?

It said I had to re-start again, so I did. It's "thinking" again.

Okay, give it a few minutes to reconnect and boot up.Is this the only wireless receiver you have, or are there others?How far is the tv/receiver from the router?

I just got the same message. It's the only wireless receiver I have. It's in the next room from the router, not far at all.

If possible, as a test, could you try plugging the receiver into the router directly via a wired ethernet connection (cat5/6 lan cable), and see if it is able to connect that way?
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,
Nathan, Installer