Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a mitsubishi wd 60737. I revently replaced my bulb due

Customer Question

i have a mitsubishi wd 60737. I revently replaced my bulb due to it blowing out. Tv worked fine for three weeks. Now when i turn it on, i get nothing. i do hear a clicking noice when i turn it on, but no picture. I check the ballast of one of your suggestions from another post, but i believe the clicking sound is the ballast trying to turn the light on. The bulb looks fine. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Exactly where did you buy the new lamp?
2. Exactly how much did the new lamp cost?
REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).
ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hey mike. i got it from amazon. i did buy a quality one, i think. it was around 90$ i read about the cheap ones going out. The bulb i had in the tv that blew was the one that came with it. i got the tv about 5 years ago. not sure if that helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i pulled the bulb and looked at it and it seemed fine.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
You cannot look at a lamp and tell if it is good or not (unless it is YEARS old and/or blown out). Try this:
Unplug the tv power cord.
Wait 3 minutes then plug it in.
Try to power on the tv.
The tv should try to turn on a few times then shutdown.
AFTER it shuts down, what are the LED's on the front of the Tv doing? solid/blinking/what color?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have done that. It blinked, green,several times in a row. maybe thirty seconds or more. then the bulb turned red
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
solid red, not blinking
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok red led. Now perform this procedure:
Unplug the tv power cord.
Wait 3 minutes then plug it in.
Try to power on the tv.
AFTER the tv shuts down, go up to the front panel, press and hold the ACTIVITY and CH- buttons until the led starts blinking. Watch the blinking very carefully for a repeating pattern. like 4 blinks pause 5 blinks pause repeat or 5 blinks pause 7 blinks pause repeat.
What is your two digit pattern?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
66
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
So everything points to bad lamp. Reasons for this diagnosis:
you can hear the tv trying to fire the lamp (means ballast is working)
red LED on front after shutdown (lamp failure)
error code 66 (lamp failure)
non-original lamp products are not supported
Sorry but it is very common for lamps that are not purchased directly from Mitsubishi to fail new out of the box, in a few minutes, in a few hours, in a few days, in a few weeks, etc. Suggest you buy a new lamp from Mitsubishi. Attempting any further diagnosis without an original lamp would be futile:
https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Products/PartsForModel/WD-60737
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.
Thank you,