Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp Aquos 90" TV. Whenever someone turns on the

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos 90" TV. Whenever someone turns on the exhaust fan in either of my bathrooms, the video on the TV cuts out for a second and then resets. The audio is fine. I had an electrician check everything and he said it was all fine. The TV and exhaust fans are on different circuits. I tried a power conditioner/battery backup/surge protector unit and it did not help. Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model number of the Tv?
2. How long have you had the Tv?
3. When did this problem start happening?
4. Who is your tv channel provider / how do you get your tv channels? antenna/cable (no box) or cable/sat box?
5. Does this also happen if you are watching (other inputs) dvd, bluray, game, etc?
6. Is there any surround sound system involved?
REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).
ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. LC-90LE657U
2. Approximately 1 year
3. Immediately
4. Direct TV =- Sat
5. Not sure
6. Yes
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Need more information:
model of surround sound?
how EVERYTHING is connected?
what else besides Directv is connected?
whether the issue happens on other than Directv?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a complex high end system. However, this is a video only issue. the audio never cuts out.
I can't tell you how everything is connected.
I would have to test re: other inputs.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Very important whether it happens on other things besides Directv. If you can't tell us how it's all connected then you are kind of tying our hands. I don't think you want a wild guess... So I would say try to tell us how it's all connected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much time do I have to figure this out?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
There is no time limit.
This question remains online forever for both of us to reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just checked my TV and learned the flickering does indeed occur on my Apple TV as well as with the Direct TV Satellite.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
So your next test is to bypass the surround sound system. Connect the satellite box DIRECTLY to the tv. Test if you still have the same problem.