TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Im having issues with a Mitsubishi WD-60737 DLP tv that

Customer Question
Hi, Im having issues with...
Hi, Im having issues with a Mitsubishi WD-60737 DLP tv that wont turn on. I bought a good high dollar Osram,Mitsu Bulb that clearly needed to be replaced... make a long story short since i have replaced the lamp ballast, power board, main board (the last three were used...so yeah no telling) but still will not turn on. Upon pushing the power button the green light flashes for a few times, then the amber for a few times...then nothing. Error code i keep getting is 1-2...so now im stumped. Scott
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
5/2/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is***** did you get the lamp from please and for what price? Anthony
I got it from Shop Jimmy.com ...tv part supply place online and it was a Mitsubishi 915B403001 DLP Replacement Lamp with Philips Bulb, It came with the housing and all.
Hello I am not sure if you are aware that their are copy lamps that simply wont work particularly in a set like this it has to be genuine OEM pref got from mitsubishi themselves here https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/ We have endless trouble with copy lamps and its my belief you may have been sold a copy lamp that wont work from the go Let me know your thoughts here Anthony Anthony
Anthony, yeah you maybe right for sure, I spent $99 on the damn thing but that doesnt mean anything, is there a way to test to see if i have voltage getting to the lamp and if so what should it be, i have a decent mutimeter...if that helps. Scott
No you can't check an arc lamp at all you can only replace it to eliminate, hopefully you are activating the error report when the set has shut down if you do it any other time you only get the 1/2 code. Anthony
Ok I understand I cant check the lamp itself, but can i check voltage to the lamp somehow...or at least to the lamp ballast?
And yes im kind of baffled why i keep getting the 1/2 code because im not unplugging the set also i have checked it like 6 times, still same code
Yes you can do that you should have around 340vdc or near coming into the ballast from the powerboard it means measuring across a single plug on the ballast, but its not likely to be that but check anyhow, you should be able to hear the ballast trying to fire the lamp or see a flash from it
You see if their was a problem with the ballast it will be reported by the error reporting software
Anthony, also when i first push the power button the green light flashes twice very fast then the amber 5 times slowly...then i hear a click... click-click right at the main/power board area....and then nothing ...does that help ??
The click is likely the ballast trying to fire the lamp?that will make a click as it trys to get the lamp going
Ok, thats the thing, i dont hear or see anything at the ballast, and ive switched it back and forth between the original and the used ballast i bought online.,,,??
Ok, well ill check the voltage to the ballast next...also its way on the other side of the set removed from the main and power board where im hearing the clicks...does that make sense?
Have you tried the error report again?when the set shuts down to the fault then activate it
It should be reported by the error report software at the moment that 1/2 means no error
Im going to check the error report, But the thing is, i have no clue if its on or shut down because im getting nothing except the clicks and of course the green then ***** *****ght...see what i mean?
Everytime i push the power button i get the same thing....green light flashes, then the amber...then 3 clicks...and nothing else
what is the ***** *****ght you are seeing blinking?it will be labelled on the set
is it the status light and is it blinking slow?
Its labeled "status", so yeah it blinks 2 green then 5 amber, or yellow....then the clicks
yellow slow
2 rapid green followed by 5 slow yellow
Thats the lamp cover open?you must put the lamp cover on for the set to start
Have you done that?
i have had it on ....right now its off but i have the switch held by a sharpie to make sure its in the correct position, but either with the door on or off with the pen its the same both ways...so i would have to say for sure the switch is help properly...true?
Yes but that's what a slow blinking status light means, unless you have a problem with the switch also the error report should be 3/2 so maybe not, have you put the old mainboard back in?that's what I would do next
I have not put the old mainboard back in...so far ive checked checked and re-checked connections and obvious stuff. Also put the old ballast back in, same stuff, then put the old power board back, same stuff...ill do the main next and see whats up....rrrrr
That is the ORIGINAL mainboard its unlikely to be faulty
The thing is a slow blinking status light is a problem with the lamp cover thats what it is reporting so yes put the mainboard back
OK, does it matter it only blinks yellow slowly 5 times? ...or should it keep on flashing? Is there a way to check the switch ?
I am not sure on that, you would need to get the switch out or locate the leads from it to measure continuity......let me know what happens when you put main back
Im on it, this tv is going to get fixed if it kills me.... and it just might!! lol
I know just enough about electronics etc to be dangerous...im a collision bodyman by trade
Lol And I can can just about prep fill and paint a small dent on my car that I only just get away with!
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician