TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I fix my dead Panasonic Plasma TC-P65ST30. No power…

How do I fix my...
How do I fix my dead Panasonic Plasma TC-P65ST30. No power
4/1/2014
Aric, Technician
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your TV. I want to let you know that providing you with the best possible assistance I can is my main priority, and my livelihood depends on your feedback.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Are there any signs of life at all on the TV currently (power light lit or blinking, click sound when power is pressed, etc.)?

Please reply back and we can continue.

Owned it for about 3 years.

There is no sign of life.

No lights, no sounds.

Thank you for the reply.

There is a failure on the power supply board inside the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. The issue could also be an open Mains AC fuse, a shorted bridge rectifier, or a shorted power transformer. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets, in which case it would be more cost effective to replace the board itself.

The power supply board for your set can be purchased at the following link:

http://www.retechtv.com/products/panasonic-n0ae6km00003-power-supply?ref=lexity&_vs=google&_vm=productsearch&adtype=pla&gclid=CJmJ_Nmfvr0CFWXl7AodoWEAVQ

To replace, you would remove all of the screws on the back of the TV, and pull off the rear panel of the set. The Power Supply is held in place via (5) screws, and (3) plug in wire harnesses.

If you're not comfortable with this type of repair, then a TV tech would typically charge you around $200 parts and labor.

In this case you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area if you'd like:

www.tvrepairpros.com

I know this is not the answer you'd hoped for and I wish there was a quick fix.

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).
Aric, Technician
Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. If not, feel free to reply back to me and I will continue to assist you. Best regards, Aric

So I got the part and put it in. No change.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX different expert.
Previous expert has opted out and I'll be happy to assist you.

Please reply back if you still need assistance and have voltmeter to check volts on circuit boards of TV.

Thanks.

With the power supply board being replaced, and still no signs of life, it would appear as though the sub power board is what is bad and would as well need to be replaced:

http://lcdtvparts.ecrater.com/p/15354925/ps-319-s-n0ae6km00004-sub-power-board-for?gps=1&id=20838275474

I have a voltmeter and am prepared to do some testing.

A photo for refence

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_imgur.com/b3ADcql

The photo doesn't show up as anything unfortunately. Please check the plug coming off of the Sub power board to the Main Power Board(the one that the AC cord connects to), and set the Meter to Auto Range to see if there's any voltages being generated by the Sub Power Board.

Try the link at the bottom, just answers image uploader sucks.

Please check the plug coming off of the Sub power board to the Main Power Board(the one that the AC cord connects to), and set the Meter to Auto Range to see if there's any voltages being generated by the Sub Power Board.

So based on this, it would seem there's no power coming from the sub power supply to the main power supply is that correct?

I suppose. I dont know what each of those boards are called. The bottom right board is not sending power to the left board.

The one that I send you the link to originally, is the Main Power Supply Board. The smaller one that I sent the 2nd link to is the Sub Power Supply Board.

So this? The two marked links have no power going across. the AC comes in from the wall to the bottom board first.

The board on the left appears to not be receiving power at all, but you're able to find voltages going to the large board you just replaced.

Please check the connector in the upper left corner of the picture and tell me what that plugs into please.

There is the full picture. The upper left cable plugs into another board there is no power on that cable.

There is a correction on the other photo too.

There is power going to the main power supply board

Can you get me part numbers off both the bottom and left small boards in the picture?

Left is n0ae6km00004

Bottom is n0ae6km00005

Strangely enough these are both Sub Power Supply Boards, and this is one of the only Panasonic sets I've seen that uses two, as well as a Main Power Supply. The newer sets only use a single power supply, which is what threw me off.

These work in tandem with the main power supply to turn the set on and also give it's standby voltage to the power light. I would suggest replacing both of these boards in the set, as it is hard to determine which is causing the problem. For all intents and purposes the one to the left is not receiving power, but we do not know if all pinouts from the lower board are producing voltage to that board. The links below are where you can purchase both of these boards for your set:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n0ae6km00004-sub-p-board.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n0ae6km00005-sub-p-board.htm

So I just replaced them both. Same thing. No change.

Gina King

Hi, I’m Gina a moderator for this topic. It seems the Expert has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Expert thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Expert to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our Expert?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Gina~Moderator

I have ordered all 3 parts again in case I made a mistake but if he has given up after having me throw some parts at it, I may want to change my review and seek a refund.

Just to round this answer out for anyone who has the same problem.

The issue with the TV not coming on was an IR touch sensor board

Part number: TNPA5398

Part number was on the board. $5 off of ebay.

If this TV doesn't power on, don't assume its the power board.

Good luck.