TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sometimes when I turn it on it will pop completely out for

20 minutes and slowly start...
Sometimes when I turn it on it will pop completely out for 20 minutes and slowly start to come back up either half screen or whole screen like itS warming up. Then it will stay on as long as I keep the TV on sometimes it will only get to partial screen and some days it will pop out to the full screen. When it is fully popped out the picture and color are still great."
HITACHI 60EX38B
11/19/2013
Aric, Technician
Hello and thank you for the question.

There are several problems that could cause this. A failing CRT, a bad Vertical IC, or a failure in the power supply. All of these problems are common with your set, and would require component replacement in order for the TV to function normally again.

Average cost for this type of repair will between $300-$600 depending on which circuit has the failure on the set. Given that a new LED TV would cost you only around $700 for the same sized TV, I would think long and hard before deciding whether or not to repair this set. Unfortunately, there are no resets or series of buttons you can press that will solve this problem and the set will require component replacement to operate normally again.

If you'd like to have the set repaired, you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician