Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Philips flat screen TV, (I believe it is a 47 inch),

We have a Philips flat screen TV, (I believe it is a 47 inch), that the screen goes black after 5 or so minutes. The picture and sound are great then all we have is sound and no pic. There is no warning before it does this. My husband states this started about a month ago, but just told me about it recently.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

Please provide me these info to assist you further.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe the TV is a 1.5 years old. The males in the household state the TV has been doing this off and on the entire time we have owned it. They state the place we bought it from said just unplug it and it would be fine. (I am just finding out about this)

Thanks Denise for the reply.

There are two circuit boards in TV suspected for this problem, either power supply board or main processor board can cause this problem.

I would swap power supply board as first attempt to resolve the issue.
Please post back, would you like to repair this TV yourself to assist you further OR local TV tech will do this job and ti may cost approx $200 plus (depends board price).
Please check following link to locate TV repair shops list in area that will help to get repair quote if you're uncomfortable working inside TV.

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We will call a local TV tech to come out here, thank you for your assistance.

You're welcome,
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.