Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

Why is the picture a little fuzzy and not crisp like the store

Why is the picture a little fuzzy and not crisp like the store display and why does the image not fill the screen, which really defeats the purpose of the wide screen tv?
Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Some basic questions for you.

1. Is this an HD cable box?
2. Are you subscribed to an HD channel package?
3. It sounds like you are looking at SD content. Can you find the HD version of CNN or Fox News please and display it. It should fill the screen and be clear.

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steve

I have an Explorer 8300 HDC Cable Box. I am suppose to have HD cable service, but I'm not sure.

Ok, can you pull up your channel guide and look for the HD channels. Typically, channels like CNN, Fox, Discovery, will have an SD channel and an HD channel somewhere else in the guide.

If you are not sure, tell me your cable company and your zip code and I'll find the channel numbers.

I think you are fine, your just not tuned to the right station.

Let me know.

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm with Time Warner Cable and the zip is 36303.

Try 213 - your local Fox station in HD

Is it in HD? Does it fill out the screen?

Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay Steve that seems to be my problem solved. I was not aware the channel made a difference. You have taught this 74 year old guy something new.

Thanks

Haha. No problem. >>>Here<<< is a guide to all your channels.

This is also found in the on-screen guide.

I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided by clicking a smiley face, then "Submit." Don't worry, that won't close your question... you can come back whenever you want for more information. Now, if this didn't answer your question, just click "Reply to Expert" and let me know!