Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Vizio E421vl. Has rainbow vertical lines going down middle

Vizio E421vl. Has rainbow vertical lines going down middle of screen. I can't determine if this is the panel, t-con, psu or main.Voltages on psu are correct while tv is on. I think its the panel. Suggestions?
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Do you get picture at any part of screen or its fill with vertical rainbow lines?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The very top has tv info (input assignment, resolution, etc.) but is chopped off. Only a half inch or so showing. Also tv shuts off after about a minute. I can turn it right back on but shuts off in a minute.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply.
T-Con board is built-in in display panel as you will see two flexible ribbon wires plugged on top center of display panel, rainbow vertical lines indicates either these ribbon wires are not plugged securely or display panel internal circuitry failure. Sorry for that news.
Please check ribbon wires are secure at display panel connectors and on main board and if found all good then it would be display panel.

Regarding it shuts Off, that could be issue of power supply board as it has backlight inverter section as well that can go bad.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had already checked the ribbon cables. Is it anyway possible that this is just a pqwer supply problem? Even causing the vertical lines?

I'm sorry, no. Since you get correct volts marked on PSU that means it is working fine and not causing vertical lines on display panel.

Hope this info will help.
Thanks.