Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

my TV is not turning on - I turn it on with a remote and nothing

my TV is not turning on - I turn it on with a remote and nothing is happening
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV please?

How long have you had it for and when did the problem occur?

Also, are there any signs of life on the set at all (power light lit or blinking, click sound, etc.)?

What happens if you press the power button on the TV itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

m260mv

2 or 3 years -

problem has occurred on and off - it usually resolves

where is the power button on the TV

The power button on the TV itself, is a touch sensitive button. It's the little glowing power icon on the lower left of the TV. I have the same TV in my kitchen.

Let me know what happens when you touch this part of the TV please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see nothing whatsoever on the TV which is totally black and I don't see any power button at all - I touch it and nothing happens

Okay, this light is supposed to remain on whether the TV is on or off.

Please disconnect the power supply adaptor from the back of the TV for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Do you get any signs of life on the front of the TV at all?

If you cannot see the power button once the power cord is disconnected and plugged back in, please click on the link below and scroll to page 10 to see the button in the manual:

http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/M260MV/631M260MV%20User%20Manual.pdf

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, the button is now on

Okay, now what happens when you press it please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I AM GETTING a message which says press OK to watch TV - guess what, it is working!!!!!

Excellent and I am glad to hear that! Sometimes once these sets are a couple of years old, the processor locks up giving you this issue, and the power cord needs to be disconnected to fix the issue.

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service before logging off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Perfect - thanks so much - I rated you excellent
You're very welcome and I appreciate the rating. Have a great night and if you ever need anything in the future, feel free to request me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I certainly shall, thx
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much indeed