TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Toshiba 55G310U powers up and picture for approx. 5 secs, blacks

out and sound only....
Toshiba 55G310U powers up and picture for approx. 5 secs, blacks out and sound only. turn it off and back on and same result.
10/29/2013
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

When you say that the screen " blacks out" , do you mean that the screen goes blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Did this problem start all off sudden/overnight or just slowly got worse lately ?

The screen goes blank with some background light. The problem started all of a sudden.

O.k then I do have some info about defective lcd controller (t-con) boards for this model.

I will lookup that board but I would have another question;

Did you wish to look into repairing this yourself or just have an idea of what is involved and the repair costs ?

repair myself if possible.

O.k then i will give you the info in both cases and then you can decide .

First thing will be to remove the back cover to locate this board under a shield in the upper center at the back of the screen then you can buy it at the link below;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-54t01-c04-t-con-board.htm

To have this repaired at home by a shop , you may be looking at around 250 to $300.

If you go for the repair shop option then click on the link below and enter your zip code ;
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , this is a bit like buying insurances , it pays to shop around.

Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician