TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a toshiba 46L5200U s/n c07221c01801k1, when I turn it

on I see the toshiba...
I have a toshiba 46L5200U s/n c07221c01801k1, when I turn it on I see the toshiba logo but then my screen goes black but I still have sound. Can you assist me? Thank you
10/28/2013
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

When it goes black can you see any visible light at all on the display please?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu appear or not please?

Anthony

No visible light. No menu appears when pressed.

Hi Katrine

Sorry I dont have an age for this set how old is it please?

Anthony

3 yrs old

Hi Katrine

The problem you have is the LED backlights are out so you just have a black display the sound OK.
The set has an LED driver board that will need replacing can you do this work yourself?

I must also add at this point that their is a possibility although small that the LED array is bad theirs no way of knowing that without replacing the LED driver board first

Let me know if you can do work yourself on the set.

A tech would charge around $300 to replace the driver board you can locate a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

Just sorry its nothing a bit easier

Many Thanks
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician