TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

i have a lg 47lg50 with a yellow line in the screen it is over

the menu and on any...
i have a lg 47lg50 with a yellow line in the screen it is over the menu and on any input what could it be
10/18/2013
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Is that line horizontal or vertical ?

Is it somewhat transparent or does it cover what is behind it ?

it is a vertical line and it covers what is behind it

O.k and if you tap or knock on the TV's frame just below that line , doe sit seem to affect it ?

it has no affect on it

O.k then I can see that this is not your first tv repair with us , so I won`t ask if you want to look into this yourself :)

Do you have the back cover removed ?

it is removed

O.k then can you locate the t-con at the back of the panel , in the upper center ?

Picture at the link below;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/cmo-35-d020223-t-con-board.htm

You can see 2 connectors at the top and one at the bottom , you may have to remove a shield that covers it and re-install the screws that hold the board in order to have access to the top connectors.

Try to push on the connectors at the top while the tv is working or pull out those cables and re-insert them while the tv is off to see what it does.

I`ll be in standby

there was no affect when i unpluged the cables or when i pressed them

O.k then although it is often caused by bad connections , in this case it would look like your t-con is the culprit.

Does your t-con looks exactly like the one in the link above or the one in the link below;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-philips-6871l-1341e-t-con-board.htm

yes it does

If you mean the link below then you can buy it directly there but if it is the link above then they do not have it in stock and I could see where you can get it.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician