TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Mitsubishi wd-65c9, was replacing, dlp chip and j6 connector

came off formatter board, what...
Mitsubishi wd-65c9, was replacing, dlp chip and j6 connector came off formatter board, what does j6 do?
10/18/2013
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Is J6 connector consist of 4 wires/ pins?

Thanks.

yes it does

what more do you need?

Thanks for the reply.

J6 connector on formatter board gets ribbon cable of color wheel, please insert ribbon cable of color wheel there and the shiny silver contacts must be facing up.

Hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.

as I said the connector has come off the board, here are those pins going on that board? ie is it a ground or what?

ah Ok, these pins are not ground, all 4 pins get feedback sensor signals of color wheel to determine color wheel speed. It works as servo control system to keep color wheel spins on constant speed.

pin1 = CTAP
pin2 = OUT B
pin3 = OUT C
pin4 = OUT A

Above mentioned in technical details of feed back signal that sends by sensors in color wheel.
Can you please provide picture of broken connector?

Thanks.

cannot get pictures to you, need to know where I can direct wire these rib bons on the board, bypass the connector all together

I'm sorry, formatter board is multilayer board and can't solder pins or wires in it simply so please get the part number off of board to find replacement board that would be available around $70 or $80 to avoid any further damage to TV or color wheel.

Hope these info will help, I wish I had better news for you about the damage to formatter board connector.
Thank you.

thought that may be the case, hoping different, found em on e bay all day long. just trying to get by till new one arrived, thanx for the input, did you get diagram for the bord, if so like a copy just to study, again thank you. Kerry

I'm sorry, Mitsubishi doesn't provide level three service manual copy for this model that would contain detailed schematics and PCB drawings because these boards are not suppose to repair on component level as we do with one layer circuit boards to replace parts on it by soldering station.
Once multilayer board got any physical damage then replacement is the only option.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,

Shahid.
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician