TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a panama m4315 pro and it keeps shutting off and "rebooting"

about every 30mins. whats...
I have a panama m4315 pro and it keeps shutting off and "rebooting" about every 30mins. whats going on?
10/1/2013
Nathan, Installer

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the conditioner,

Nathan :

there are a few possible causes of this,

Nathan :

it may be a glitch in the firmware,

Nathan :

but it is more likely to be a hardware failure (bad capacitor or IC being most likely) or the unit is overheating, causing it to cycle like this in an attempt to cool down.

Nathan :

What kind of voltage readings are you getting on the display?

Customer:

120 but the amps goes from under 2 up to 8 as it boots up

Nathan :

If you log into the remote access/management module, do you get any unusual readings or error messages there?

Customer:

It runs my whole home, 6 tuners, 13 tvs, sound, security, theater room etc. only the tuners and the sound amp are connected to it as far as I know. Its in my server room, I have no idea how to access the management module. Sounds like this isn't a simple push a few buttons or unplug it fix.

Nathan :

No, it really isn't,

Nathan :

but if you're running that many devices, you could easily be overloading it, contributing to overheating, and thus the rebooting.

Customer:

Its been in service for over 3years without any issues.

Nathan :

That was going to be my next question, how long you've had it,

Customer:

nothing new has been added since we built the home.

Nathan :

being in a server room though is also likely to be a high temp environment, so I'd still suspect an overheating issue above all else, though it may have taken some damage from a power surge.

Nathan :

Does the top of it feel very hot? Can you try blowing around it with compressed air to remove any dust/debris that may be blocking the cooling ports around it.

Customer:

that's possible, weve had some shitty weather here and the power may have "flickered" didn't go out but could be what happened, that's what I was afraid off. At least we got Breaking bad in.

Nathan :

I know it sounds like bad news, and while these units aren't cheap to repair/replace, if it is surge damaged, it's really doing it's job, and protecting all of your expensive connected components.

Nathan :

The good news is that you might still have some warranty coverage,

Nathan :

the warranty on this unit is 3 years, so you could be just under, or just past that

Nathan :

Your best bet at this point though, if trying to clean it up isn't helping, will be to contact Pan.amax warranty support at(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

Pretty sure that's it. Dang it. thanks for the help

Nathan :

Even if you are past the warranty, they should be able to service it for you, and as this is one of their flagship models, hopefully they'll be a bit more generous in servicing it for you.

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer