TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Zenith 32" Tube Model SL3285BG that has developed

a Green Band from the...
I have a Zenith 32" Tube Model SL3285BG that has developed a Green Band from the top to the bottom on the left side of the screen it is almost like it is a void but dark green.
9/30/2013
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Does the picture look somewhat shrunk horizontally or simply missing behind that band ?

If you open the tv`s menu , is it behind or over that band ?

it actually looks stretched behind the band, when it has text it starts on the left side of the band and then starts again on the right side of the bandTV Picture

Thanks for the picture , that helps.

In that picture, there is a dark band at the top , is it part of the tv show or is it there permanent as well ?

How about the menu , is it cut by that band as well ?

Do you have a cable box connected to this tv or is it connected directly to cable from the wall outlet ?

Any other device like a dvd connected and if so , do they have the same problem ?

I have a Cable box and a DVD attached I have not tried a DVD yet but I can.

O.k that would be interesting but also the TV's menu may tell us something.

That is the TV's menu , not the cable box menu.

yes i pushed the menu button on the front of the TV and it is over the band it is also below the black band at the top.

O.k then that black band at the top is there permanent as well , did it appear at the same time as the vertical band or was it there before ?

Did you try the dvd ?

so.... your a perfesional for a reason.... I just put a DVD in and everything looked great so it is either my Cable box or the surround box that it plays through. i beleive that my next step would be to discontect the surround box to see if it is the cable box or even the S-video cable.

are S-video cables known to do this.

About the S-video cable, not necessarily but connecting the cable box directly into the tv would be my next step now to see what it does.

If still does that problem then try to connect it in the same input that you have the dvd connected now.

Let me know how it goes.

so it is the cable box, the S-vieo is connected directly and it is there and then i unconnected that and connected directly with the standard audio / video and it is still there but when going direct from the DVD it is fine.

thanks.

No problem, much welcome and you can reach me here at any time after this chat is closed if you have questions
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer positively as it is the only way i get credited for my time helping you.

By the way , before calling the cable company , you could try to reboot the cable box.

Unplug its power cord for a couple of minutes and try it again

Jack
Jack, Technician
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician