TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Hello, I have the a Samsung UN55C7000 and Im having the exact

Hello, I have the a Samsung...
I have the a Samsung UN55C7000 and I'm having the exact same issue that you answered here (http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/6w7j6-hello-i-samsung-55-led-tv-it-wont-turn.html).

I've called Samsung and told them that this is the same issue that occurred in their class action suit but was told my TV is not covered by warranty. I don't really want to pay a huge amount for their service guy to come and fix it and was wondering if I could fix it myself. If its just a question of replacing a board, I'd rather do it myself.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this.
9/27/2013
Steve G., Technician
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Yes, you most likely have a bad power supply board. If you can remove the back from the set and swap out the board, you should be good to go.

Prior to that we can do a couple of tests if you have a volt meter and we can verify the board number.

>>>CLICK HERE<<< for the power supply board. Part number BN44-00376A

The cost includes a core charge. You get that back once you send in your board.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards
Steve

Thanks for the info. I took the back of the TV off and it looks like it will be easy to change out the power supply.

Unfortunately, I don't have a volt meter so I think, based on the issues others have had, I'm going to go ahead and order the part and try to replace it.

In your experience, is the vendor you suggested pretty decent? Do they usually have it in stock if it says so on the site? I have been burned before with other sellers and it looks like many other sites do not have it in stock.

Encompass is highly regarded TV parts provider. You should have no problem with them.

Please don't forget to rate my service. It will not close our dialog.

Regards
Steve

Steve G., Technician

Hi Steve,

So I ordered the part and tried it yesterday after it was delivered and I still have the same problem... :-(

I'm guessing its the other board (the main board?) but not sure. Should I return the part to Encompass or keep it in there? Is there anything else I should try here before I call out a professional?

I am getting a volt meter also so hopefully I can test to make sure. It could be that the board that I got from Encompass is also faulty but I have no way to tell.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Regards

Bhavin

Hi Bhavin, I am currently here on my phone. I will be able to research for you in about two hours when I have my laptop. I'm sorry for the delay. You will be my first priority.

Steve

No problem Steve. I will not be home for a while anyway.

Regards

Bhavin

Ok, I was able to jump on a laptop...

When you get that voltmeter, please give me a shout and we can do some tests.

Reply when you have it.

Steve
Steve G., Technician