Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

HOW TO CONNECT SAMSUNG DVR TO VIEWSONIC FLAT SCREEN MONITO

HOW TO CONNECT SAMSUNG DVR TO VIEWSONIC FLAT SCREEN MONITOR

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this ;

As this is a computer monitor first and although it has a DVI connection that could be used , this connection (DVI) does not carry the sound so it would mean that you will need a separate audio cable.

In fact what you will need a is a HDMI to DVI cable for the picture and then a stereo rca plug to mini phone plug for the sound.

Be right back with the info on these cables.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THE MONITOR HAS sound input and internal speakers. There is already a sound cable connected to the monitor. I have photos I took of the monitor inputs and of the dvr in/out puts if u wish to see.

Sorry it took a while but I was looking for a cable that combines the audio with the HDMI to DVI connection.

Although these cable exist they are a bit hard to find all in one cable.

In any case a hdmi to dvi cable like what you can see at the link below ;

http://www.amazon.com/DVI-HDMI-Cable-6ft-Male-Male/dp/B0002CZHN6

And a RCA to mini phone plug cable like you can see in the picture below would do just fine;

graphic

The RCA (red/white) plug would go in the dvd audio out and the mini phone plug in the monitors audio in next to the dvi input

These can be bought locally at places like radio shack , best buy , walmart etc.

Thanks for the pictures but it won`t be necessary ,I already have the manual for both units to see.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I really appreciate your help JACK! CoolCool

No problem , much welcome and let me know if you need help with this once you have the cables.

You can reach me right here on this post at any time.

Thank you very much for the "excellent" rating.