TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

LG 47LW5300 that when turned on; has the power light blink

red twice, then go solid...
LG 47LW5300 that when turned on; has the power light blink red twice, then go solid blue. I'm not getting a picture (or backlight I think).

The TV about a month ago stopped turning on and the power light blink red continously. I replaced the power board and the TV worked without issue for about 3 weeks until this issue developed.
9/21/2013
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

It looks like the set has completed its power up and ON sequence

Is their any sound please?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up or not please

Let me know please
Anthony

Using the LG TV remote, pressing the menu button doesn't display anything. I don't hear anything from the set, but I don't have a input hooked up currently aside from an antenna. Normally when the set turns on it displays the LG logo and the time, it is not doing this either.

Hi

When you swopped the mainboard was it for exactly the same symptoms?

Was the partnumber of the main board exactly the same as the one you took out?

Anthony

Before I swapped the main board the TV was blinking red twice, going blue then shutting down.

The boards were the same part number, but each had a different sub part number. From what I can tell, the board will take the same firmware, but its possible to configure the screen size from a service menu.

I found a blog where the reverse swap worked. A 47LW5300 board went into a 55LW5300 TV.

Hi

Yes if the partnumbers are exact then it will go in both size sets however could you please send me the partnumber of your original board and the one you fitted please

Anthony

Both boards are part number EAX64290501 (0) This number is XXXXX screened onto both boards

The sub part number is XXXXX on a paper label

the 47LW5300 has another part number of EBT61701614

The 55LW500 has another part number of EBT61701310

Hi Dave

Where did you get the board please?

Anthony

Ebay. Electronic recycler. The board was supposed to have come from a working unit with a damaged LCD panel.

Hi Dave

The way I see it is that the board should have been part number

EBT61701614

And thats it, anything else like the EAX number is XXXXX copy board thats what it says in the service manual EBT61701614

I only use shopjimmy as in the main 90% of the time the boards are good

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebt61701614-main-board-for-47lw5300-uc.htm

Shopjimmy are indicating that the EAX number is XXXXX substitute board, I dont trust substitute boards I only get the original board OR one that the manuf regards XXXXX XXXXX upgrade.

Seemingly the boards are not interchangeable you do need the right board and from the symptoms their is nothing else that can cause your problem.

Let me know if you need more info

Please remember to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open even after rating.

Many Thanks
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician