TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

i have a panasonic TC-50X3, Date on back is Nov 2011. when

you turn it on there...
i have a panasonic TC-50X3, Date on back is Nov 2011. when you turn it on there are 2 loud clix from the board in the center and when the screen comes on it is only RBG snow. also can't get the menu to come up.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2013
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the light on the front doing?
-If you push the volume up or down button on the tv itself, does the volume indicator show up?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

power light is solid red. can't see volume indicator and menu will not pop up. i can get a faint image behind the snow from HDMi and composite, if i could see the menu and scan for channels i could probably see them too. so yes all inputs have same issue.

Can you get me a picture of the problem?

Thanks,
Tim

Ok, when you push menu or volume/up/down you do not see it faintly show up in the background either?

If no, then you are looking at a bad main board in the tv here, this is the "D" board.

If you can get me the full model number for the tv, I can get you part number/prices.

Tim

right, no menu or volume ever shows.

Model: TC-P50X3

SN: MB13050372

does that work?

OK in your model its actually an "A" board. The part number for this is TXN/A1PMUUS. It runs around $150 when you can find it. Its hard to find, right now I can only find it at www.marcoselectronics.com but I have no clue who they are and cannot vouch for who they are. The part is very difficult to find.

I have also found it at encompassparts.com but it runs about $220 there.

If you don't think this is something you can do yourself, you are normally looking around $150-200 for labor.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician