TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have dish and when I turn on the receiver and the tv the

receiver comes on the tv...
I have dish and when I turn on the receiver and the tv the receiver comes on the tv stand by lite comes on but the picture is plank. If I let it set for a few hours, I can hit the tv button on the remote or the tv switch and some times it will work fine. At this point when I get the tv to come on I leave the tv on and only turn off the transmitter. My tv is Model # XXXXX
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2013
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

When the set WONT come on is the powerlight blinking in the front of the set please?or do you have no light at all?

Let me know please

Anthony

TV makes a thump noise like it usually does and stand by light blinks continually.

Hi Greg

Are you definetly sure its continuous and theirs no pause like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks as an example?

Anthony

It could be 4 blinks then 4 blinks but it goes on and on most likely it is the 4 and 4, sometimes the light at the memory stick will also blink on then off when I attempt to turn on the tv.

Hi Greg

That was an example I gave, Greg I need to know how many times it blinks between pauses please so it needs to be counted (that is the blinks of the powerlight when its blinking red on the TV)

Let me know when you find that out for sure please

Anthony

Well, it happens to be working now and I can turn it on and off. It blinks four times and comes on. This has been the case before I never know when it is going to work. For about a week I could push the button on the remote twice and it would come on while the lite was blinking. That no longer works. It either comes on or nothing but a blinking light.

Hi Greg

Thanks for that
The problem you have is the two control chips on the D board inside the set they will need to be replaced , this is a common issue with this set and similiar models, if you think you can carry out that work yourself please let me know, ideally you will need to be able to use a soldering iron.

A tech would charge around $180 for this work you can locate a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

I am sorry this isnt anything easier

Please let me know if you have the inclination for this work or you need more info.

Please remember to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open.

Many Thanks
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician