TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 40" Sony Bravia; i need to know the sizes of the screws

used to connect the base...
I have a 40" Sony Bravia; i need to know the sizes of the screws used to connect the base to the TV. There are 4 screws of one type and 4 screws of another type. The TV was purchased in December, 2011.
9/14/2013
Nathan, Installer

Nathan :

Hello, I'm Nathan and I will be assisting you today. Please remember to rate/accept my answer when we have finished. Thank you.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the tv stand,

Nathan :

can you give me the full model number of the tv please? It usually starts with KDL or somethign similar, followed by a few numbers.

Customer:

Yes, it's KDL-40BX421

Nathan :

Great, thanks for the info.

Nathan :

Please be patient as I research this for you. Normally the screw sizes are not included in the normal service documentation, so it may take me awhile to track down the proper specs for you.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it!

Nathan :

No problem, be back with you soon.

Nathan :

Do you have the screws, and just need instructions on which go where? Or have you lost all of them?

Nathan :

For this model you should have 3 shorter screws that are installed vertically (holding 2 pieces of the stand to the base) and then 4 that affix the tv to the stand, which are longer

Customer:

No, I do not have any of the screws, I believe they were inadvertently thrown out. And yes, I believe the count is correct, 3 and 4, instead of the 8 that I first mentioned. I can buy them at Lowe's, just need to know what size are used.

Nathan :

Okay, just wanted to make sure I'm getting you the info you're looking for.

Customer:

thanks!

Nathan :

Okay, I'm back, sorry for the delay.

Nathan :

What you need are M5x16 (4 each) and M4x12 (3 each)

Nathan :

These are standard machine screws

Customer:

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Nathan :

Looks like this. Remember to get washers and lock nuts too.

Nathan :

If you can't find them at lowes/home depot, check at Ace or TrueValue hardware, they usually have a bit bigger hardware selection.

Nathan :

And if all else fails, you can order them online

Customer:

Will do, thanks again for your help.

Nathan :

You're very welcome. Have a great weekend,

Nathan :

Also, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”.

Customer:

Sure have! You have a great weekend too!

Nathan, Installer

Nathan, the size of the screws worked well, but for future reference you may want to include the length as well.

HI Becky, I'm glad to know the screws worked. But I did include the lengths, for example the M5x16 is 5mm diameter and 16mm long. I'm sorry I didn't clarify those indicators more specifically, I just assumed they would match up to the appropriate part at the hardware store. Hope you didn't have too much trouble locating the right parts.

Best regards,

(note, this is not really an info request, unless you need any further response)

Ok, thanks and you are right about that. I obviously don't know anything about it, but assumed the hardware guy would understand the specs - he should have. Thanks again!

Nathan, Installer