How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aric Your Own Question
Aric, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 44914
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Type Your TV Question Here...
Aric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to take my remote control and use it to change

This answer was rated:

I would like to take my remote control and use it to change chanells in my cable box with out being directly in front of it. maybe like an angle. Is there anything made [gaget of some type] that would let me do this? Could I do this with a mirrow?
Hello and thank you for the question.

While a mirror would absolutely work, another option is something called an IR blaster, which actually has a seperate IR sender that you'd mount on the cable box, and then has a receiver that you can mount, or point absolutely anywhere you want, and then point the remote at the receiver, or "blaster", and control the box.

If you need a link to such a device, let me know and I will provide a link.
Aric and other TV Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please provide me with a link



thank you

[email protected]

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I am unable to post an active link, but if you can copy and paste the address below into your browser, it will take you to a device that will setup the way I described:

If you need further assistance let me know.

Also, please do not forget to rate my service before you log off.