How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack Your Own Question
Jack, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 9386
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Type Your TV Question Here...
Jack is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear sir; I am writing again... await an answer to my question;

This answer was rated:

Dear sir; I am writing again... await an answer to my question; which is I have a Sony am/.fm receiver STR-6800.SD and a Stereo tapecorder .TC-558 what I need are the cords for playback and record! And the REC/PB cord in essence I need all the cords to make this machine work. My email [email protected] phone no. XXX-XXX-XXXX; address:XXXXX; apt. 606 ; Seattle, WA. 98101

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this but first I must say that I`m sorry but somehow your earlier posts did not get through correctly.


To get back to your question;


There are two ways to connect this receiver to the reel to reel tape that you have ;

You can use either 2 pair of standard rca cables or a single 5 pins DIN cable also called MIDI cable.

You can get such a DIN cable at the link below;


There is no need to have both and neither has a real advantage over the other type except that the DIN is a single connector that will automatically connect the ins and outs correctly.

If you opt for the rca cables then you can get them at just about any stores that sells electronics or audio equipment , radio shack,bestbuy,walmart etc. for example.


Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.


Jack and 4 other TV Specialists are ready to help you