Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I bought a large screen projection TV in 2001 or 2002 and I

I bought a large screen projection TV in 2001 or 2002 and I believe it was a 55 or 53 in screen and I think it was a sanyo or panasonic...I know it is a lot to ask but would you know what they retailed for back then??
Hello, Retail on these sets varied pretty widely depending on who made it and the model.

Any chance you can get the model number off the back of the set?

Or are you just looking for a general price range these sets sold for in 2001-2002?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need a general range...I no longer have my reciept and I lost the TV during an electrical strike during a storm in July...I got rid of the set because no one would work on it in my area...Just a general price range, it was a big screen 53-55 inch projection TV bought at Sears

Thanks for the reply.

These sets ranged from between $1,700-$2,500 depending on the Make. Panasonic and Sanyo were a bit on the less expensive side than say Sony or Pioneer, but you can figure your TV retailed for around $2,000, and probably sold for no less than $1,600 at it's lowest price.

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hang on...trying to get more info..stay with me...

No worries, I am here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am waiting for someone to get back with me ....he has same model and trying to get at lest if it was a sony or sanyo answer from him!!

Okay sounds good.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Pretty sure it was a Sanyo..so is the price range between $2000 and $1600??

Yes that is correct Kate, if you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please rate me accordingly.