TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Hello, I have a Samsung DLP TV HLR5678WX/XAA. After the color

Hello, I have a Samsung...
Hello, I have a Samsung DLP TV HLR5678WX/XAA. After the color wheel shattered, I recently replaced it with a new color wheel and new projector bulb. When I repower the TV, all the fans turn on, but the bulb will not light up. The TV goes thru this start up cycle 3 times, then goes into standby mode. I've double checked the bulb connects, fit, etc. Any idea what it is?
8/2/2013
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you checked color wheel flat ribbon wire is inserted securely in connector?

- Have you checked lamp door switch is pressed by lamp cover properly?

- Was TV working fine before color wheel shattered?

Please provide the info.
Thanks.

- Have you checked color wheel flat ribbon wire is inserted securely in connector? It seems secure. I've pushed in as far as it will go...almost 1/4".

- Have you checked lamp door switch is pressed by lamp cover properly? yes, blue arm is pushed up.

- Was TV working fine before color wheel shattered? Yes, no prior problem

Thanks Kevin for the reply.
Lamp door switch looks fine and may not be cause of problem.
Please try to hear color wheel spin sound, like wheerrl... when you turn TV On, do you get that sound?

Color wheel has two connectors, please check wired connector is also plugged securely and flat ribbon wire has shiny contacts on one side and some times folks flip it and insert it in jack that makes no connection at all that caused the problem as main control chip doesn't get sync signal of color wheel so it thinks wheel is bad and put TV in protection mode.

I would recommend to take flat ribbon wire out, flip it and insert it in jack and check.

Please post back how it worked.
Thanks.

Shahid,

OK, I flipped the ribbon wire and the bulb turned on...the color wheel made a whizzzzing sound like it was interfering/rubbing with something...what is best way to address the rub?

Hi Kevin,

Good to know that TV turned On as flat ribbon wire was inserted incorrectly.

Please recheck color wheel installation as rub sound occurs due to misaligned fitting or maybe a small glass piece of broken wheel in color wheel cavity is causing it.

Use flash light to see inside cavity and area and make sure color wheel is seated well and screws are tight, it is rather mechanical issue and need visual check to sort out what is touching to color wheel.
I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Thanks for your help. great job.

You're welcome Kevin,
Looking forward to your next visit to our website.

Have nice time!

Shahid.

Hello Shahid,

It's Kevin again. Question for you, I now have a 4 inch horizontal gray shadow bar across the top of my screen. How do I fix this?

Hi Kevin,

Is it Samsung HLR5678WX TV or different model?

Thanks.

Samsung DLP TV HLR5678WX/XAA....same TV I replaced the color wheel and bulb back on August 2nd.

Thanks Kevin for the reply.

- Did you remove light tunnel in light engine while installing color wheel? light tunnel is located next to color wheel.

No, I just unscrewed the old color wheel and put in the new color wheel and screwed it in.

Gray bar is related to wrong setting of light tunnel in this type of TV.
Can you please recheck color wheel installation?

Thanks.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician